Sunday 1 April 2012

Cheese in a Can ~ Indeed

WHAT a day!!! Left The Bellagio at some disgusting not worth mentioning time with Mr Fab feeling like death warmed over and me pretty much holding up the team. I FINALLY got to see the sign ~ yes Fab Readers...THE SIGN......and here it is. No photoshop just MY photo of....... Ohhhh yeah baby ~ THE FABULOUS SIGN!!! My life work is done. Justttt kidding. Airport was absolutely crammed to the brim with people and it progressively got worse. The Airport staff are understandably abrupt and quite rude and it is sometimes hard not to answer back but you MUST say nothing. We had never seen the whole checkin booth thing and the "helper" was saying to me that I should read and could I read type of thing.I said Indeed I can and am reading and I dont understand why I have to pay $50 for the suitcases to go on board when I have already booked and pre paid months in advance quite a large sum of money. She said that was just the way it is. Yes Fab Readers ~ you pay for your ticket THEN you pay for your suitcase......... THEN when we weighed in it seems we were over the limit so they charged us $300. ( NOT happy Jan). We finally get our boarding passes and keep in mind they were pre booked and PAID for months ago and they had me in one seat and Mr Fab down the aisle in another. If we wanted to sit together we had to PAY. Then came security...yep you guessed it ...Fabulous Scents Palm Pillars did not make it through and were drug swabbed and pulled out. I was then full body screened in the scanner where you have to stand still and put your arms up and THEN patted down...sigh. The end result is the Pillars are perfect in M & M's new home so it was worth it. The security chap looked at me and said in his American voice "These smell really good" Ummmm Yes they are Fabulous!!!!! He kinda cocked his head and looked at me so I said Sweetpea and Vanilla is the fragrance.....
Dreadful first part and when we arrived in Denver we had less than 10 minutes to RUN 80 gates. Indeed you read that right ....80 gates. I was literally running and dragging over the limit suitcases and trying to help Mr Fab....sigh.
So United Airlines will NOT be getting my business when we come back to America. One more lot of flights with them and we are buying another suitcase as neither one of us can understand why they weighed right in Australia but dont here......just sayin.
Finally arrived and that's when the day just got better and better and again...better. This first pic is of Mish and Marks home which we both love!!! They even have a Basement. I have never been in a Basement. We got out at the airport and I spotted them in an instant even though we had never actually met. There has not been one uncomfortable moment or "Oh Dear" moment AT ALL. Its like it was with Heather and just smooth and flow every second. Mr Fab bucked up a bit and after M&M took us to The AmericInn (*lol*) we went back to their gorgeous home and I actually seriously had a ...Ham and American Cheese On Rye sammo. Delicious!!! Met Toby The American Wonder Dog and he made me miss our Dexter even more. He is gorgeous and I cant discuss the shaved cats without screaming with laughter and falling down. Mish and I went to The Grocery Store and we shopped. I must have driven her crazy oohhhh and aahhhhhh and "whats that??" ing all over the place. Oh and did you all know I have an accent??? pfftttttttttttttt.
We adore the Midwest and everything about it. Both of us love the scenery and the houses are absolutely gorgeous. THIS is the America we wanted to see. The kind of "Real" America. We all checked on Mr Fab during the day to make sure he was holding up and he said he was fine. We sat on the back covered patio and looked out over this divine neighborhood and drank Apple Pie shots. Feel the Serenity............
Then on to Grilling as it is called here. Now comes the part that makes up for EVERYTHING.......Cheese in a Can!!! Ohhh yeah Cheese IN a CAN?????? I do believe my work here is done. What more could a person ask for than Cheese in a can.....

1 comment:

  1. HahahahaSNORT....!!!!! Yes indeed....Since 2012 when they introduced the 1 x bag limit I've been buying a large suitcase in the US to bring back home....!! I have a scale though as I'll be STUFFED if I'll pay the buggers for excess bagagge....NO WAY....NO HOW....!!!!! And NO....Security is no place for joviality....!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete