Wednesday 18 April 2012

Pinball Green and "3777"............... Obscure thoughts

He is a pretty bloody good shot!!!!
Traveled another long day to end up in Bakersfield California. Bigger town that we thought!!! It was a seriously long day as my not so shiny new husband was a tad worse for wear today. I am now calling him Pinball Green.....He has told me I am NOT allowed to regale you about how he hit the walls 3 times in the middle of the night and bounced off each one as he made it to the bathroom. I am not allowed to mention how he slept on the bathroom floor......Nope a Wonderful Wife such as myself would NEVER mention things like that so I wont.
It was a very quiet drive as Mr Fab was decidedly seedy. He met up with an Ex Navy American and just chatted and had a good time. I think he needs a break from the driving but I am certain he wont be doing it again for awhile!!!!!Lucky for me the scenery was once again brilliantly amazing.... We are now planning the San Francisco part of the trip and finding a nice hotel to stay in for a few days. We are planning on seeing Fisherman's Wharf and Alcatraz but apart from that we are again just winging it. We were going to detour to Mount Rushmore but we feel we wont be able to relax if we are watching the time so next trip. So all in all a pretty cruisy day with Mr Fab NOT impressed with me. Everytime I look at him and see him hitting those walls like a Pinball machine it sends me off into mad peals of laughter which I then have to cover up with pretending to cough....
Lets discuss The Ramada 3 star at Bakersfield...........Dear God I cant discuss it!!! I am sorry readers but it is far to icky and stressful...maybe I should mention looking up in the half light and seeing "3777" written on the wall near the bed?????????? I dont even want to THINK about what that could mean..Made me itchy just looking around the room and I had to leave the lights off!!!!! I am not sure where they got their 3 stars but I can tell you absolutely ~ it would NEVER be from me. From the one scraggy pillow each on the bed to the bathroom which again makes me so itchy I cant even think about it. I told Mr Fab if I ever call him a Ramada Bakersfield he will know I mean business!!!! Being smokers is not a good thing I know. Not only for health reasons and a long and happy life but also because basically if you smoke you are put in the dodgiest rooms at the back and treated like a sleazy drug dealer. Its actually stopped us smoking as much. I am sure if my Mum is reading she will be fist pumping and jumping about yelling "YES FINALLY". By this morning I was awake with the birds and saying to Mr F ~
" Quickllllyyyyy Quicklyyyyy hurry up come on faster lets move it". I could not even have a brew this morning as the coffee maker did my head in completely!!!!! I spose it was better than sleeping in the car...hmmmmmmm let me think on that for a bit and get back to you.

We booked our Alcatraz tickets and our friend Heather printed it out for us as she and her husband Rob are meeting us in San Fran and we are going over to The Island together. We are looking forward to meeting up with Heather again and also meeting Rob.
So last night I said to my now shiny again new husband that he had to start giving me some of his thoughts about what he wanted to do. We are killing time this couple of days as we are looking forward to seeing San Francisco but it is HIDEOUSLY expensive to stay there. Everything we tried was booked solid so we finally booked the Holiday Inn for 3 days and near passed out at the price but it was our only choice and let me say I called quite a few places!!!!! So he finally admitted he wanted to have a shoot of an American Gun at a Gun Club so I googled and found and excellent one in Fresno. So here we are! I am washing and where do you think Mr Fab is? Yep The Range Gun Club. We called in this morning and he had a shoot of a Sig Surer? and a 357 Magnum. He wanted me there to film it which I did *rolls eyes* Initially he only had one box of Ammo and then on completion did his fluttery eyelashes thing at me and asked for more...sigh....... I cant resist those lashes!!! It was interesting to note ~ we walked in and they did take our passports but after asking did he know how to use a weapon they gave him a quick lesson on his weapon of choice then away he went??? At home there would have been a safety video and a million questions. Here they basically ask if you have thoughts of suicide or mental issues and your done. He had a ball and thoroughly enjoyed it. He always does whatever I want to do so I didn't even hesitate with this.(It was also a fraction of the cost of the same thing in Australia.)
We then found a Fabulous FABULOUS place to stay here ~ The Comfort Inn in Fresno who do not make you feel like a criminal, have the nicest rooms, free WIFI and breakfast!!! I am in clean clean CLEAN heaven and no numbers above the bed......Part of the "Packages" they offered were The Stay and Shoot Package...*again rolls eyes* My husband of course said ......no no no he wasn't interested in a package that offered a free weapon shoot time with 1 x box of ammo no noooooooo. I just looked at him and left him be till about an hour after we settled in and I started washing he said :
Mr Fab: Hey babe ~ that package is free isnt it?
Me: sigh.....yep
Mr Fab: well maybe I will just go and have one more little shoot
Me: Really ???????? gee there's a shocker....
*lol* I am seeing a new Pandora Bead on my horizon or maybe even 2?????????
On the way to Fresno
 So we are thinking of going out to Yosemite as its only an hour and a half from here then toddling along toward San Francisco. I will update when we have finally made up our minds. We are still enjoying the trip but I think we will be ready to go home next week. Well and truly ready. We miss Dexter and we also miss our routine. Till next time *mwah*

No comments:

Post a Comment