Wednesday 4 April 2012

Polk Moonshine' n 'Candles....

Still trying to shake of this bloody flu!!! Its so annoying and driving us both insane!!! So now where was I? ~ Ok last two days have been glorious relaxing and simply chillin out in Polk City Iowa with Mish and Mark. We are loving the time we are having here and every single thing is amazing. Mr Fab and I discussed that we must not be party animals as we are loving this part of the trip the BEST!!! We did the Iowa wagon ride and it was really good. A slow wander around the bottom of the lake in a horse drawn wagon. Gorgeous weather and perfect views all round. Oh and this pic is the Barn Cat where we went for the Wagon ride. Obscure to be sure but hey thought you might like it.

 Mr Fab and Mark did the John Deere Tour in the morning which Mr Fab said was excellent and he really enjoyed it. Mish and I pottered off to do some shopping and she took me to a typical American Mall. Now this is interesting ~ as we were lunching at The Cheesecake Factory ~ as ya do ~ Mish and I discussed Americans and the fact they expect service. You know why? Because they bloody well GET IT. You walk into a store and the sale assistants acknowledge you and welcome you to their store. We got onto this subject because Mish ordered a meal and I sat there gobsmacked as she asked for her eggs this way and toast that way and this on the side and so on. And the choices???? Oh my my my my ~ enough choices to send little ol me into a meltdown I can tell you. The people here are given a level of service which is exactly what I like and so when they travel they expect the same. The lovely server ~ Travis ~ was so helpful and explained their wages and how the tips ect are distributed. It was really interesting. Mish has been amazing and I am sure some of my questions must do her head in but she plods along and finds an example to show me or explain to me.
We decided today to make candles and Moonshine ~ perfect combination of course. M & M like Fabulous Sweetpea and Vanilla but I had to order it in the US and have it sent to her home. So ~ we went with Sweetpea and French Vanilla which we blended into our own signature fragrance....maybe...French Sweetpea? Vanilla Sweetpea? It was delicious whatever it was!!!!!! After we cleaned up from the candles we made the pure Iowa Moonshine IN real fair dinkum Mason Jars!!! It made your eyes water when you smell it and after taking a sip it has zero affect for a few seconds and you think you have just sipped on some peppermint water then BAM!!! it rolls down your throat!! Ohhhhhweeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Oh and we had to go and buy another suitcase today so Mr Fab and I don't get hit with all those blasted fines and stuff at Des Moine Airport.
Mr Fab and Mark were of course completely exhausted after their trip to the Iowa Military Museum so they went into the Study to *cough* "Watch a Movie"  ................ As you can see ~ Mr Fab can find his spot ANYWHERE in the world.
Tomorrow is out for breaky then back to the room to pack the suitcases ready for the trip to New Orleans! We will miss Iowa but will definitely be back!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you sound like you are having an amazing time. Polk city looks beautiful. Hope you shake your flu soon..and I am glad? me Fab found a replacement couch! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you sound like you are having an amazing time. Polk city looks beautiful. Hope you shake your flu soon..and I am glad? me Fab found a replacement couch! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Polk city some day soon! Sounds heavenly! New fragrance sounds divine! My suitcase still smells heavenly from the candle I pilfered from Mich's stash lol!!!! I'm so glad you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete