Saturday 31 March 2012

Gettin Ready for Polk City...Yeehaw

Good morning on this gorgeous Vegas morning of Friday 30th March. Hit a bit of a glitch as Mr Fab has come down with the Flu. Never gets sick so decides to do it on holiday *rolls eyes* I have done my wifely duties and literally run to make sure he has medicine and relief. I thought I might share a few other snaps of the trip so far and tell you all what a bloody FABULOUS wife I am!!! This first one is the inside of the stretch Limo we drove to the Court House in. Pretty swish I can tell you. Do you see my husbands thong clad feet? Nuthin but class from the Greens......*blink* He is also suffering from sore feet after our walk to the Suit hire place. Poor baby. (Probably his system has gone into shock missing the Fabulous Burgundy Leather Sofa...do we all concur???) And of course its all MAN Flu / sore feet / fever etc etc. So this morning I grabbed Maria our room attendant and simply changed the towels and emptied the bins so he could sleep. I then loaded up with my Fab Bellagio Tote and started downstairs. First stop was The Cosmopolitan where our friends are staying when they are in Vegas. WOW AND WOW AND BLOODY HELL!!!! Its sooooooooooooo shiny. I am pretty darn sure they will be happy. Did my business there and might I add it is HUGE???? I walked for what seemed like a long time to even find the front desk and lobby!!! Then began the trek back to our Hotel to find medication and pain relief for poor old Mr Fab. $108.00 including taxes later and I was still blinking. I might pause to mention ~ The Bellagio is lovely of course BUT I think that because it is so big....things go wrong. We ordered some room service last night as Mr Fab was ill and it didnt turn up. We ordered breaky and it didnt turn up. All I would like is if someone would ACKNOWLEDGE they made a mistake. You all know me and I am not looking for anything ~ just accept some responsibility. Maybe I should not be polite and nice and decent and maybe throw a tanty? The Tanty throwers seem to achieve more.....
While I was waiting at The Cosmipolitan there were three people behind the desk and all were serving guest. One lady was sitting down waiting and me. Another lady came in talking LOUDLY on her phone about this deal and that deal whatever. Anyway ~ the chap at one server left and this woman walked over and loudly started demanding this and that. You all know me right? You all know how I feel about manners. So ~ not sure where it came from but I used my clear and consise voice and said:
Me: Excuse me Miss ~ That lady over there was next and I am after her.
Server: Oh!
Rude Loud Woman: But....
Me: *pleasant and serene smile* Thankyou
After confirming the Sitting Lady was all good I then proceeded to walk to the girl and start my business. After awhile I whispered that I hope I didn't embarrass her as that was not my intention and I certainly wasn't embarrassed. She was then my new bestie and went out of her way and ABOVE to help me. Gorgeous lovely girl she was. Not sure if the Rude Loud Woman gave me daggers or death looks as I didnt look.


 So finally back to the room after grabbing all the pills and medicines I could along with a Chino and a Roast Beef Roll for my hungry man. He has now taken everything needed and is laying in the bed not actually moaning but being a grizzleguts. He doesnt want to be ill or feel yuk for the next part of the trip which is Des Moine / Polk City. Had an email from our friends Mish and Mark letting us know of a couple of things they have organized and we are super happy with the itinerary. Oh and Mish if you are reading ~ may need a Nana Nap on Saturday arvo after getting up at 3 am to go to Vegas Airport? *lol*
Now lets talk taxes....bloody hell Fab readers ~ everytime you turn around there is tax!!!! We were looking at the hotel bill and while the room is perhaps this amount ~ every single day we pay Resort fees / Taxes / and Taxes on the Resort Fee. They dont miss ya in Vegas baby. You might buy a cuppa and its X amount PLUS then the taxes. We have become a bit immune to it and think that at least if we are buying a meal we can figure out the tip. In saying that? Its not in a grizzling way as we accept what is ....is. Just letting you know. We would come back to America in a heartbeat as we love the country and the diversity of what we have seen so far. The next leg is something we are both looking forward to as we want to see the real America and not the touristy bits. Some things like The Grand Canyon ~ sure. And Alcatraz while we are in San Francisco? Sure. But we also like talking to people and meeting folks and chatting to them about how they live and how we live. Get me?
I am now going to administer more Wife type stuff to the Fabulous Mr Fab and will check you all again ~ in Johnson ~ Polk City Iowa.


2 comments:

  1. Whooo Hooo on to Polk City! So sorry Mr. Fab is not feeling well. Hopefully the fresh Iowa air will do him some good! I totally agree with you on the taxing stuff. Seems the get you coming and going with all those resort fees and what not. This last trip to Vegas was the first time I experienced that!! I got to visit the Cosmo for the first time in February too! I was in awe too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stood like a tourist ...that I am....and just gaped at it all!!!! See YOU soon!!!

    ReplyDelete