Thursday 22 March 2012

A lesson in Positivity - Includes a Terracotta Monk

After todays adventures I have 2 songs floating through my head.....Alabama 3 Woke up this morning -got yourself a gun AND Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm ........
Bloody hell what a start!!!! Got out to the Airport at the correct time with rain pouring only to be told ~ Nope not going anywhere. One of the ladies out there is seriously Fab and has obviously learned empathy skills and I am suggesting MAYBE she also had the empathy skills of the other one ..... verooged into her if you get my drift. You DO NOT stand and tell someone who has worked and saved for 18 months " Its not going ~ you need to make other arrangements". That is NOT what you say to someone with an arrogant look on your little face....ohhhhhhh no no no no honey that is not what you say. Oh and dont forget ...."You wont get your money back"...*blink blink*
The Fabulous Lady was wonderful and very gentle as she gave us our options.
The option they gave us was .....they would get us out of Emerald BUT we had to get to Emerald ourselves and there was no guarantee we would get through......sigh.....
Into the car and began the journey which eventually took 13 hours. 13 lonnngggggg hours.  HOWEVER ~ Lets try and be positive we said. So we spent the entire journey thinking of all the positive aspects so far. All the good things not the bad.
Here is where we introduce ...The Terracotta Monk. Yep driving along randomly thinking of positive things when I said:
Me: Whats that???
Mr F: Its a bloody little monk?????
Me: Seriously...but he is ORANGE?????
Mr Fab: No thats Terracotta.
Me: *blink* Oh ok ...he is Terracotta.
And he was ! From head to toe entirely Terracotta in colour???? His head / face / clothes / EVERYTHING was orange.........whoops Terracotta.We finally decided to settle on Burnt Orange.....Our theory was its gotta be a positive sign like seeing a flying fish ~ completely random but obviously a sign.
We arrived and managed to get a couple of hours sleep before going out to the Airport to catch the flight to America......Let the games begin.
Firstly there is Australian Customs ~ its appears that Fabulous Scents Palm Pillars WILL NOT make it through the screening process.
The chap at the screening section said in a VERY loud voice "STOP HER AND SEARCH THE BAG" I felt my bottom clench just a leetle bit let me tell you. I knew straight away it must have been Mish Stochls candles *aims look in direction of Polk City Iowa with luff* The Customs chap took them out and said "Wow they smell great". I just smiled my serene smile (Translate: Relieved not to be cavity searched) and said "Yes ~ they are Fabulous". (unclench poodot)
The flight itself was very very long and because we are trying to think as everything we do is a little Travel Lesson for the future we decided that maybe we are the kinda folks who need a mini stop during a trip?
V Australia staff are nice and they are very polite ect but it was nothing that stood out as absolutely Fabulous.
So all in all we finally arrived in America!!!!!!!!! Bloody hell Fab Readers ~ our first introduction to the Yanks was not good. I understand they must be busy etc but geez love a little smile or a pleasantry saying "Hi and welcome to my beautiful country" might be better than huffing and puffing because Mr Fab could not do the fingerprinting properly first go. (Just Saying ~ I got it right first time *smirk*)
Our first nice person was a Customs lady who told me she loved my Fab red shoes which I might add Mr F said sucked. I said Thanks I love them to!!!!!
So folks we are here and safe and ready to begin our Fabulous adventure.



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it here safe. I'm sorry about the pillars. Since those people don't understand hospitality let me say Welcome to America. We are glad you are here. :) Hugs and Love CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx hun ~ more welcomes than not and loving it so far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blogs Tracey...you write well, not to mention the giggling I have been doing.

    And they finger print you to come in the country?? I must pick your brains when you get back.....from reading your blogs you have made me want to go to LA and drive up the coast. My 2nd wedding anniversary this October, so guess who is giving herself a belated honeymoon. No idea on this tipping thing...should I be saving thousands for tips as well?! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Save away Kay ~ its worth it I can tell you. There were times when we went without going out or buying anything but NOW its all worth it I promise.

    ReplyDelete