Friday 23 March 2012

Good Morning America ~ Lets do Rodeo Drive


We decided to just chill and wander about today as we are both still a tiny bit ...hmmmmm...not 100%? Just a bit headachey and tired. So first of all we walked down to the somewhat famous Factors Deli. Amazing service and Fabulous food!!! We decided to have a go at something we have never had before so I settled on the Factors Famous Horn. Its a traditional Jewish kind of roll made of bread and toasted. The outside is crispy and sort of sweet and the inside is light and fluffy even after toasting. Paige ~ our waitress~ said I had to try it with cream cheese and jelly which is of course jam.........ummmmmmmm well cheese and jam???? Are you serious??????*sigh* Ok Ok lets do it!!!! Gotta tell you Fab Readers its was bloody scrumptious. They plonk down coffee and a huge glass of water as soon as you sit down and the food seemed to take minutes to arrive!!! Brilliant!!!
Mr Fab went with eggs and some kind of potato dish which ~ and I am quoting him ~ was very scrumptious.
Needing to walk off this delicious breaky we wandered down to the Bus Stop and simply jumped on a bus and went to where ever it went. Nothing if not adventurous. We ended up at a Mall which had a Macys and various other stores. Mr Fab needed a belt because his pants kept falling down so we grabbed a couple of Levi ones at a fraction of what we pay at home. We were discussing the whole tipping thing with a fellow bus traveler and he said the reason the staff are always so nice is that they work on tips as they are not paid very well. I have to stop Mr Fab from giving EVERYONE a tip. He said he doesn't want to insult or upset anyone and I am pretty darn sure by the end of this people WILL be saying what a generous and nice guy that Aussie was......  ( obviously I am way to tight to hand out money willynilly.) Its quite interesting in the supermarket as well. If someone is standing in line for more than a couple of minutes they tend to LOUDLY ask when another checkout will be opened. We just stand there and wait!!!!
We then decided to taxi cab it to Rodeo Drive... Oh my my my my ~ it has the most amazing selection of stores which all seemed to have security guards outside and inside as well. Sadly Mr Fab did not take out his wallet and I came home empty handed *sigh* The cab driver was seriously funny and we really enjoyed the short trip to Rodeo. We have yet to see a movie star but have fingers crossed before we go to Vegas!!!
We walked back to the hotel and just took in everything we could. I have to be honest here ~ I am thinking we may have gone into a kind of sensory overload. There is way to much happening all around us and I found I wanted the solitude and relative quiet of the hotel room.
I do have to mention ...for every rude person there is one who goes out of their way to help us. If they see us looking at the map they will ask us if they can help. Just people in the street. Next time someone says something about Americans I can say with all honesty they are in the main friendly and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment